Celerity – another word that I stumbled upon that I sort of knew the meaning of but wasn’t 100% sure about it. So I figure if I am uncertain, then so are others.
- a rate that is rapid
- synonyms: quickness / rapidity / rapidness / speediness
- more generic: pace / rate = the relative speed of progress or change
- more specific:
- fleetness = rapidity of movement
- instantaneousness / immediateness / immediacy / instancy = the quickness of action or occurrence
- expeditiousness / expedition / despatch / dispatch = the property of being prompt and efficient
- promptitude / promptness = the characteristic of doing things without delay
But hardly had he tasted a morsel when the man with the wand touched the plate with it, and they took it away from before him with the utmost celerity
From Scrabblefinder.com: Celerity is worth 13 points in Scrabble, and 14 points in Words with Friends
There are 8 letters in celerity: C E E I L R T Y
So, leave a comment below. I love hearing what you think.
- Monday Word of the Week – Abatis (lifeofdeb.wordpress.com)