Are you ready for another Monday Art/Journal prompt? We are nearing the end of the year, and if you worked on your art journal every week, using the prompts given, you should have a nice full journal by now. One of the things I like to do with my journals, is go back in after the pages are done (or sort of done) and just add some random stuff to the pages. Not to all of the pages, just the ones that seem like they might need a little extra oomph.
DO RANDOM STUFF
So today I’d like you to do that. What are some random things you can do? Here are a few suggestions, but I’m sure you can think of some more on your own. Think FUN and UNUSUAL!
- add some random black marks to a page (or another color if you usually use black)
- draw a silly mustache or funny hat or funky clothes onto an image of a person (or an animal would work too)
- add some glitter to a page
- cover up something with a flap or door
- grab the nearest piece of ephemera to hand and add it to a page
- add a layer of stamping or stenciling to a page
- tear or cut the edge of a page
- add some tabs or clips to a page or anything that extends off the page
- find something fuzzy or textural in some way and add to a page
- glue a picture of your face onto some other body (or try your pet’s face for even more fun)
- scribble with color all over a completed page (I know this is hard, but so much fun)
- tear up a page and add those bits and pieces to other pages
I think you will be surprised with how fun the random stuff can be, but also with how it completely changes your original art journal pages. Try a few of these and see what happens. Have Fun!