Here are some of my highlights from 2011:
- I really got more involved with some of my artistic groups and guilds. Doing more projects and field trips and just participating regularly. It is so nice to be surrounded by other creative people.
- Saw a number of live Theatre productions last year. Some were absolutely fabulous, some were hysterically funny, some were intense, some were downright odd. But all were entertaining.
- Took a wonderful workshop with Patty Hawkins (with my friends Ruth and Kathy) and really learned a lot from her. I even (eventually) completed the piece I started while I was there.
- Took another workshop with Anne Johnston (with my friends Liz and Chris) and made lots of great hand-dyed fabrics. So much to learn about dyeing fabric!
- Participated in the Butterflies and Friends fundraiser event. A little intimidating but so worth it! I’m already thinking of ideas for next year.
- Got my new website Blue Twig Studio up and running and started another new blog for the website. WOW! What a lot of work to do such a thing, but I love it!
- I taught some classes this year and had a lot of fun doing that. I hope to do more teaching.
- Went to Chicago for CHA Market. My friend Liz went with me and we had a great time, even if it was SO HOT AND HUMID!
- Participated in the Textile Evolution Retreat again this year. I even managed to convince both of my sisters to join me and we had a blast!
- Went to Houston Quilt Market with Liz and Ruth. Even managed to squeeze in an afternoon visiting Galveston.
- Created an entire ‘Blue Twig Studio store’ in my basement, complete with shelves and tables and shopping and room for demos and classes. And I have had a couple of Open Houses already! Woo hoo!
Those are just the highlights of the year. What a great year it was, and I just know that 2012 will be even better.
When I look at how much I have done this past year (and this is not a complete list) it boggles my mind! WOW. How about you? What did you do this year? I’ll bet it is way more than the little list you made on New Years Day last year.
Share some highlights with us.